MikroTik Certified IPV6 Engineer (MTCIPV6E) Training Course
The MikroTik MTCIPV6E course will use theory and practical labs covering the topic of IPV6. Specifically the differences between IPv4 and IPv6, Address and address notation, SLAAC, Subnetting, Address types, (Link-local, Global, Multicast, Anycast, Unique local and Special addresses) and Reserved IPv6 addresses. Also about the IPv6 Protocol itself, especially Address auto-configuration using SLAAC and DHCPv6, Neighbor discovery and IPv6 routing basics including IPV6 prefixes.
The formation of an IPv6 Packet, looking at the IPv6 header, the field description, next header (daisy chaining), fragmentation and Path MTU discovery. It will also cover how IPV6 can utilise IPSec to secure communications, also covering ICMPv6, how the Neighbor discovery protocol provides router solicitation and advertisement, neighbor solicitation (both duplicate address detection and neighbor unreachability detection), neighbor advertisement (both ‘Managed address configuration’ flag and ‘Other configuration’ flags) and redirect.
MLD (Multicast Listener Discovery), temporary addresses, firewalling and IPsec (AH, ESP and AH+ESP). Transition Mechanisms such as using a dual stack, 6to4 tunnel, 6RD, Teredo and DS-lite (Dual stack lite). Finally covering Interoperability by examining IPv6 pools, the DHCP PD server and client, DHCPv6 client, IPIPv6, EoIPv6, GRE6, DNS, Reverse DNS and NTP as well as PPP IPv6 support, IPV6 Routing, global addresses as in IPv4 and link-local addresses in IPv6. We will also discuss those features that are not fully implemented yet in RouterOS! Such as NAT, HotSpot, RADIUS integration, Policy routing, DHCPv6 server. Finally we will discuss the tools that are available, such as Ping, Traceroute, Torch, Traffic generator, Email, Netwatch and Traffic flow.
The training course is normally delivered by Ron Touw. Ron has over 30 years experience in RF and WiFi systems and a decade of specialising in MikroTik products, designing, building and running a Wireless ISP service, delivering wireless hotspots to a number of Marinas and hotels in Guernsey as well as offering consultancy services to many other ISPs utilising MikroTik equipment around the world.
The MTCIPV6E Qualification:
The MikroTik Certified IPV6 Engineer (MTCIPV6E) qualification is only issued upon passing the MTCIPV6E online examination, it is not available online unless invigilated by an approved Mikrotik Trainer. In order to take the examination MikroTik require the full attendance of an official training course delivered by an approved Mikrotik Trainer. The training delivery and material used can be checked by Mikrotik at any time to ensure a high standard is maintained and therefore the student can be assured that the qualification is of worth to any potential employer. The training material is constantly being updated as each RouterOS version is updated and therefore the MTCIPV6E qualification is only valid for a period of three years from date of issue.
- In accordance with MikroTik Terms and Conditions, only students who have successfully passed an MTCNA in the past will be permitted to take this Engineer Level Certification Exam. Students without a current MTCNA certificate are however permitted to take their MTCNA certification during this training course. If you wish to renew your current certifications, please click here for more info.
- Laptop with WiFi and Ethernet ports. If laptop is non-windows based (e.g. OSX, Linux), then Winbox must be pre installed and working before arrival.
- Optional – USB console cable or WOOMB
- two CAT5 cables, min length 2m each
- If the student is wishing to take the examination, then Photo ID will be required to prove identity before taking the exam. Acceptable types of ID are equal to that required for City and Guilds exams. E.g. Passport, Photo Driving Licence, National ID Card.
What is included?
- 2 days of training.
- Tea/Coffee, soft drinks throughout the day.
- Buffet Lunch
- Training manual
- Free MikroTik RouterOS Level 4 License on passing examination
- MikroTik Mug for any exam score above 80%
- The exam – (if required)
For details on current and upcoming MikroTik Training Courses, please vist our training course page for more details. If you have any other questions relating to our training course, please all our technical team on 01449 724255 or email email@example.com for assistance.