MikroTik Certified Routing Engineer (MTCRE) Training Course
The course content will be based upon MikroTik’s official training course outline, using the latest v6.x RouterOS available at the time of the course. The MTCRE is required before taking the MTCINE Certification. Included in the course is a free MikroTik Router to take away with you.
The MTCRE training course is normally delivered by Ron Touw. Ron has over 30 years experience in RF and WiFi systems and a decade specialising in MikroTik products, designing, building and running a Wireless ISP service delivering wireless hotspots to a number of Marinas and hotels in Guernsey as well as offering consultancy services to many other ISPs utilising MikroTik equipment around the world.
The full outline of everything that will be covered is dictated by Mikrotik and is frequently changed to keep it up to date with the latest features of RouterOS. The latest version of the outline is located at http://www.mikrotik.com/pdf/MTCRE_Outline.pdf
The MTCRE Qualification:
The MikroTik Certified Routing Engineer (MTCRE) qualification is only issued upon passing the MTCRE online examination, it is not available online unless invigilated by an approved Mikrotik Trainer. In order to take the examination MikroTik require the full attendance of an official training course delivered by an approved Mikrotik Trainer.
The training delivery and material used can be checked by Mikrotik at any time to ensure a high standard is maintained and therefore the student can be assured that the qualification is of worth to any potential employer. The training material is constantly being updated as each RouterOS version is updated and therefore the MTCRE qualification is only valid for a period of three years from date of issue.
- In accordance with MikroTik Terms and Conditions, only students who have successfully passed an MTCNA in the past will be permitted to take this Engineer Level Certification Exam. Students without a current MTCNA certificate are however permitted to take their MTCNA certification during this training course. For those without an MTCNA Certificate or if you wish to renew your current one, please click here for more info.
- Laptop with WiFi and Ethernet ports. If laptop is non-windows based (e.g. OSX, Linux), then Winbox must be pre installed and working before arrival.
- Optional – USB console cable or WOOMB
- two CAT5 cables, min length 2m each
- If the student is wishing to take the examination, then Photo ID will be required to prove identity before taking the exam. Acceptable types of ID are equal to that required for City and Guilds exams. E.g. Passport, Photo Driving Licence, National ID Card.
What is included?
- Tea/Coffee, soft drinks throughout the day.
- Buffet Lunch
- Free hAP AC Lite Router to take away with you after the course!
- Training manual
- Free MikroTik RouterOS Level 4 License on passing examination
For details on current and upcoming MikroTik Training Courses, please vist our training course page for more details. If you have any other questions relating to our training course, please all our technical team on 01449 724255 or email email@example.com for assistance.