MikroTik Certified Traffic Control Engineer (MTCTCE) Training Course
The course content will be based upon Mikrotik’s Official training course outline, using the latest v6.x RouterOS available at the time of the course.
The MTCTCE training course is nromally delivered by Ron Touw. He has over 30 years experience in RF and Wifi systems and over 7 years specialising in Mikrotik products.
Designing, building and running a Wireless ISP service delivering wireless hotspots to a number of Marinas and hotels in Guernsey as well as offering consultancy services to many other ISPs utilising Mikrotik equipment around the world.
The full outline of everything that will be covered is dictated by Mikrotik and is frequently changed to keep it up to date with the latest features of RouterOS. The latest version of this outline is located at http://www.mikrotik.com/pdf/MTCTCE_Outline.pdf
The MTCTCE Qualification:
The MikroTik Certified Traffic Control Engineer (MTCTCE) qualification is only issued upon passing the MTCTCE online examination, it is not available online unless invigilated by an approved Mikrotik Trainer. Mikrotik also requires that a pre-requisite of taking the examination is the full attendance of an official training course delivered by an approved Mikrotik Trainer with sufficient qualifications to deliver that training.
The training delivery and material used can be checked by Mikrotik at any time to ensure a high standard is maintained and therefore the student can be assured that the qualification is of worth to any potential employer. The training material is constantly being updated as each RouterOS version is updated and therefore the MTCTCE qualification is only valid for a period of three years from date of issue.
- MikroTik state that students MUST have passed the MTCNA exam at some point in the past (i.e. it’s OK if the certificate has expired) before being allowed to take the MTCTCE Exam, however this does not preclude them from attending the course only. However any student without a MTCNA (expired or not) will not be permitted to take the MTCTCE Exam under any circumstances as this is contrary to MikroTik Terms and Conditions. Students with an expired MTCNA are permitted to re-take their MTCNA before taking the MTCTCE Exam.
- Laptop with WiFi and Ethernet ports. If laptop is non-windows based (e.g. OSX, Linux), then Winbox must be pre installed and working before arrival.
- Optional – RS232 console cable
- two CAT5 cables, min length 2m each
- If the student is wishing to take the MTCTCE examination or MTCNA re-examination, then Photo ID will be required to prove identity before taking the exam. Acceptable types of ID are equal to that required for City and Guilds exams. Namely, Passport, Driving Licence Photo ID Card, National ID Card etc
What is included?
- 3 days of training.
- You get to keep the MikroTik hAP AC Lite Router used on the course!
- Tea/Coffee, soft drinks throughout the day.
- Buffet Lunch
- Training manual
- Free Packet Flow Diagram A1 Poster
- Free MikroTik RouterOS Level 4 License on passing examination
- MikroTik Mug for any exam score above 80%
- The exam – (if required)
For details on current and upcoming MikroTik Training Courses, please vist our training course page for more details. If you have any other questions relating to our training course, please all our technical team on 01449 724255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.