MikroTik Certified User Management Engineer (MTCUME)Training Course
The course content will be based upon MikroTik’s official training course outline, using the latest v6.x RouterOS available at the time of the course.
The MTCUME training course is normally delivered by Ron Touw. Ron has over 30 years experience in RF and WiFi systems and over seven years specialising in MikroTik products, designing, building and running a Wireless ISP service, delivering wireless hotspots to a number of Marinas and hotels in Guernsey as well as offering consultancy services to many other ISPs utilising MikroTik equipment around the world.
The full outline of everything that will be covered is dictated by Mikrotik and is frequently changed to keep it up to date with the latest features of RouterOS. The training covers VPNs (PPTP, L2TP and IPSec) PPPoE and EoIP, Hotspot and User Manager, The latest version of the exact outline is located at http://www.mikrotik.com/pdf/MTCUME_Outline.pdf
The MTCUME Qualification:
The MikroTik Certified User Management Engineer (MTCUME) qualification is only issued upon passing the MTCUME online examination, it is not available online unless invigilated by an approved Mikrotik Trainer. In order to take the examination MikroTik require the full attendance of an official training course delivered by an approved Mikrotik Trainer.
The training delivery and material used can be checked by Mikrotik at any time to ensure a high standard is maintained and therefore the student can be assured that the qualification is of worth to any potential employer. The training material is constantly being updated as each RouterOS version is updated and therefore the MTCUME qualification is only valid for a period of three years from date of issue.
- In accordance with MikroTik Terms and Conditions, only students who have successfully passed an MTCNA in the past will be permitted to take this Engineer Level Certification Exam. Students without a current MTCNA certificate are however permitted to take their MTCNA certification during this training course. For those without an MTCNA Certificate or if you wish to renew your current one, please click here for more info.
- Laptop with WiFi and Ethernet ports. If laptop is non-windows based (e.g. OSX, Linux), then Winbox must be pre installed and working before arrival.
- Optional – USB console cable or WOOMB
- two CAT5 cables, min length 2m each
- If the student is wishing to take the examination, then Photo ID will be required to prove identity before taking the exam. Acceptable types of ID are equal to that required for City and Guilds exams. E.g. Passport, Photo Driving Licence, National ID Card.
What is included?
- 2 days of training.
- You get to keep the MikroTik hAP AC Lite Router used on the course!
- Tea/Coffee, soft drinks throughout the day.
- Buffet Lunch
- Training manual
- Free Packet Flow Diagram A1 Poster
- Free MikroTik RouterOS Level 4 License on passing examination
- MikroTik Mug for any exam score above 80%
- The exam – (if required)
- The exam – (if required)
For details on current and upcoming MikroTik Training Courses, please vist our training course page for more details. If you have any other questions relating to our training course, please all our technical team on 01449 724255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.